The Next Patch

Celebrating life's great adventures..............

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Update from the Hunter.....

Hello again – I know it’s been a while between posts but there have been a few “hick-ups” getting connected to broadband in my new location (as ever the wheels at the telecommunication companies move slowly!).

Since my last post I’ve relocated from Sydney to the NSW Hunter Valley. It has been an exciting & exhausting time – packing up (the truly exhausting part....); the big move day on May 2; unpacking and settling into my lovely new home. All boxes are now unpacked, furniture & accessories are still being moved around but are quietly finding their “place” in their new home.
The last of the boxes waiting to be unpacked!

Lemoyne Star quilt - machine pieced & hand quilted in 2005


While I spent my early life in this area I haven’t lived here for many years, so I’m enjoying exploring and getting to know the local area again. The area has a rich history dating back to the early days of white settlement which began in Australia in 1788. Last weekend I visited the Dungog Film Festival. Dungog is a small town nestled in a pretty valley in the lower Hunter and has been home to the Film Festival since its establishment 5 years ago. The Festival was established to celebrate Australian films and increase the appreciation of Australian screen culture and heritage. It is growing in popularity every year.....

Dungog's main street
Its winter here & one thing I had forgotten was how cold this area can be in winter - looks like a good excuse to go shopping for some more winter whollies!!
Until the next post, K .................

No comments:

Post a Comment