The Next Patch

Celebrating life's great adventures..............

Friday 13 June 2014

Out & About in London..........

Greetings dear Readers, Yesterday I was out & about walking around London. The day started with a visit to St Pancras International Rail station to book a ticket for Brussels on the Eurostar!



Late afternoon I walked along Regent's Canal part of London's iconic canals & locks......I walked from Kings Cross to the famous Camden Markets! For decades the canals provided a vital transport system with canal boats transporting all manner of goods around the London area & beyond. 

These days the locks & canals are largely devoted to leisure with people still living on boats on the canals! In fact I saw a house boat passing through the St Pancras lock system. As I meandered along I encountered walkers, runners, bike riders, fishermen, sunbathers, revellers, lovers, the prim, the proper & the very inebriated.....all enjoying the remains of a glorious summers day in London!



The famous Camden Markets still operating........still attracting tourists & shoppers like bees to a honey pot, just as they have been doing for decades!!




Later today I'm off to Hastings to spend a few days visiting friends. Back in London for a few days next week before heading off to Europe for a couple of weeks in Belguim, Holland & France, again enjoying the company of friends.

Until the next post, may the wind remain always at your back......... K

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts.Keep enjoying your wanderings. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete