The Next Patch

Celebrating life's great adventures..............

Sunday 20 March 2011

A Note from the Hunter

Greetings from the Hunter Valley........

Since the last post I've had a few small adventures. Last week I visited Material Obsession's new shop at Drummoyne. http://www.materialobsession.typepad.com/  I had been eager to visit and it certainly didn't disappoint.............. As ever Kathy & the girls from Material Obsession have styled & decorated the shop beautifully. It is a glorious riot of colour & creativity - delicious fabrics, patterns, cottons, a range of rugs designed by Kaffe Fassett (I may indulge myself & buy one!!), and many other embellishments. Some small puchases were made to add to my treasure trove of fabrics & other items I plan to "DO" something with one day!! The purchases included a couple of pieces from the Domestic Diva range by Emily Taylor & some perle cotton to add to my extensive stash.................


A spin off to my visit to MO was a visit to Birkenhead Point for the very first time. Yes I know many commited shoppers out there will wonder why .........but there it is!

Currently I am in the Hunter Valley staying with my lovely sister Trish at her delightful abode in Stanley Close......  During the visit I've been busy preparing my new home for my move to the Hunter - this week I'm looking forward  to wardrobes being fitted out and the installation of new blinds. Today I indulged myself with the purchase of a glorious bespoke chair from Freedom - the chair is called Threadneedle. Covered in very colourful patchwork fabric it's just "sew" hot that I couldn't resist. Isn't it beautiful.......


Tomorrow its back to the mundane tasks of grass mowing & gardening (mostly removing weeds)!!
Finally dear reader, please keep your fingers crossed as I may have a buyer for my Sydney apartment - how exciting!! I'll keep you updated as events emerge.......................

Until the next installment,  K

1 comment:

  1. Such an impressive, colourful site worthy of "the next patch" Sew impressed.

    ReplyDelete