The Next Patch

Celebrating life's great adventures..............

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Vintage Finds....

Recently I've been perusing the growing number of eclectic shops in the Surry Hills suburb of Sydney, selling a wonderful & diverse range of vintage goods. My major find was this vintage Australian made factory mannequin from the 1930's - 1940s. I purchased it from David Met Nicole, a wonderful shop in Cleveland St Surry Hills selling a wide range of unusual & eclectic items. http://www.davidmetnicole.com/

The mannequin has already found its place in my new home in the Hunter Valley. It's standing in my Studio wearing my grandmother's wedding dress.

The mannequin provides an ideal display piece for this beautiful dress which my grandmother Margaret Ellen Hogan wore for her marriage to George Ryan in August 1912. Overall the dress is in wonderful condition given it is nearly 100 years since it was made. I just love the lace on the bodice and sleeves. 


Planning & packing for my move to the Hunter is underway and the removalist has been booked for May 2nd!!
Stay posted........ K

No comments:

Post a Comment