The Next Patch

Celebrating life's great adventures..............

Monday 17 October 2011

Chance Encounters.........

By chance in 1978 in London I met the renowned child psychiatrist, Dr Anna Freud who is the daughter of Sigmund Freud, the famous founder of psychoanalysis.

Again by chance, but this time in 2011 in Maitland (Australia), I had another connection with Anna when browsing through a book I came upon the following quote which resonated with me and is attributed to Anna:

“I was always looking outside myself for strength & confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time!”  Anna Freud

Over the years I have recalled that day in 1978 and always remember Anna sitting peacefully in a chair, lovingly supporting her sister. Anna died in 1982 at the age of 87.

In 1978 I was a young nurse enjoying the Aussie tradition of a “working holiday” in the UK. I was a private nurse (caring for people in their own home) and Anna Freud’s sister was one of my clients.

In 2011 I am a recent retiree enjoying free time............ time to roam, to enjoy coffee with friends, browse through shops and take the long way home!


India, spice markets in Jaipur - another of life's great adventures!


India again!
Isn't it interesting where life's journey can take us? Until the next post, K..............

No comments:

Post a Comment