The Next Patch

Celebrating life's great adventures..............

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Traditional Quilting this time...............

Back again........ I want to add to yesterday’s post with a story about traditional quilting & creative textiles..... Each week I join a group of “stitchers” at Southern Cross Needlework in East Maitland. Owned by Rhonda Eddy, the shop is located in a lovely heritage building which in itself provides inspiration. The talented "Wednesday" ladies are stitching a range of traditional quilting and embroidery projects. Ruth has embroidered and hand pieced her interpretation of the Victorian Post Card Quilt. She has made this beautiful quilt for her granddaughter, who I'm sure you will agree is one very lucky little girl!
The completed Victorian Post Card Quilt

One of the cute hand embroidered blocks

Another block......................
Recently I visited the Mosman Markets in Sydney where I purchased a charming fabric wreath which I have hung on my Studio door. Isn’t bright yellow such a cheery & happy colour????


As I mentioned yesterday the diversity of textile arts & crafts is an ongoing inspiration!!

I've just about completed a lovely quilt top - so hope to have that to share next time. Until the next post, K .....

No comments:

Post a Comment