The Next Patch

Celebrating life's great adventures..............

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Burma (Myanmar) beckoning....................

The time has arrived and I'm on my way to Burma tomorrow! Initially I fly to Bangkok and then onto Rangoon (Yangon) on Friday morning where I will join an organised tour. I spend time in Rangoon, Mandalay, Pagan (Bagan) & the Inle Lakes before arriving back in Sydney on 28th January. I'm not sure what to expect but I'm looking forward to a grand adventure!


A hint of things to come..............
Inle Lakes - one of the places I visit.....
 I'm expecting to see many a pagoda & Buddha along the way.........................



A golden Buddha in Mandalay
I'm hoping to update the blog along the way but I hear that internet access in Burma is unreliable - so we'll wait & see. If I don't get the opportunity to post in Burma it will be one long post on my return! So stay posted.............
Happy days! Until the next past (hopefully from Burma), K .............................

1 comment:

  1. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete