The Next Patch

Celebrating life's great adventures..............

Friday 13 January 2012

A note from Bangkok...........

We're not there yet...........but nearly!! Arrived in Bangkok late last night & fly to Rangoon tomorrow to begin my Burma adventure! When I emerged from my room this morning the first thing I saw was this sign on an adjacent building......................

For all the shoppers out there, looks like there is no escaping the January sales........... 70% off!!!! I went for a walk outside only to find the shops didn't open until later but I came across this oddity - Peter Kelly's store, selling bridal gowns & bicycles, work that one out if you can....................
Peter Kelly's Store - in Bangkok!!
I didn't succumb to the temptation to hit the sales but rather I took a tour of the city & its magnificent temples!

The centuries old reclining Buddha - made of gold with mother of pearl encrusted feet!
Reclining Buddha's mother of pearl encrusted feet......
A temple - home to one Buddha

Another Buddha - can't remember which one!!

Bangkok's famous Golden Buddha....

The Golden Buddha's new home - finished in 2010
Prayer bell at the Golden Temple
Surprise, surprise............the tour finished with a visit to a gem & silk factory where there was lots of pressure to buy, buy, buy.............when travelling, something never change!

Next stop Burma! Until the next post, K............

1 comment:

  1. Yes... The link between brides and bicycles is a bit of a stretch. Let the temple photos begin...

    ReplyDelete